News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox6

Started by R1CK, Friday Aug 06, 2004, 09:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1CK

Way out here in Johnson Creek, I decided to turn my antenna away from Madison and point it towards Milwaukee, and would you know, I even get fox6, what kind of miracle is going on? Does this mean fox HD for football?:D

packman

The notoriously weak signal is suddenly on the air!
I've been lurking and just bought a Sony hd300 on clearence.  I hooked it to my antennae and scanned for 4.1, 10.1, 12.1, etc. and was pleasantly surprised to fiind 6.1 strong.  I would suspect this is a surprise for the broadcast tomorrow evening at 7pm.

Everyone enjoy the scrimmage on 6.1 at 7PM
:D

John L

It could be the Troposphieric layers in the sky causing the signal to come in.  I'm getting WMAQ-DT, WFLD-DT, WZZM-DT, and Fox 17 which is WDTI-DT on ch. 19 this evening.  Other evenings it could be further as well as South Bend, Ind.  I sometimes get the analog 22 and DTV on ch. 30 at the sametime which is the same station.  I've only accomplished that early mornings when WVCY-TV/DT is off the air.

WZZM and WDTI are across the lake in Grand Rapids, MI.

Talk about DTV signals being low power I'm doing good at getting such DTV signals in not only Michigan but Indiana and Illinois as well. This doesn't happen daily, only when the tropospheric layer is sitting just right.

-John L.

smack

Although the scrimmage will be on fox 6, 6-1 or whatever it is on your receiver.  It will not be in HD, just SD and broadcast on a digital signal.  

You will have to wait until Monday 8/9 for the first MNF broadcast (Hall of Fame game, Washington vs. Denver) which is scheduled to be broadcast in HD.

smack

Lever2k

Here is Oconomoc after moving my antenna on the roof I'm getting all the digital channels from milwaukee including fox 6-1 and some church channel 22-1. Both are stable. Fox is at 69% and very stable. In addition Im also getting Madison 3-1,3-2 and their PBS digital channel.  This is all with a cheap radio shack yagi and a cheap RCA 10db inline amp.  Someone explain this to me.  How am I getting madison digital channels when Im pointing the yagi east????

GADGET71

Way out here in Jefferson, I decided to switch to point to the east, which has been rare lately since I get all the Madison channels pretty well, with the exception being Fox47, since it is a VHF channel and I use a CM4228.   I actually use another cheap yagi with VHF to pull in 47 normally but its still not as good as the other Madison channels.  Tonight I turned everything east just to see how 47 would come in on the backside, and low and behold I am pulling in 6, with damn good signal strength, as good as my Madison channels.  I am curious if it is just a TOPO thing or if someone flipped the switch?

Gadget71
________
XJ650