News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

OTA/58 HD in Jackson

Started by pontiac94, Thursday Aug 05, 2004, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pontiac94

Hello;

I helped a friend this past spring install DirecTV and antenna to receiver local HD.  He is located a few miles east of Hwy 45.  Everything went great, received all local station is HD. Now over the past two months CBS HD is coming "pixelated"...i mean a picture is there and the sound is fine but there are digital blocks wrecking the picture.  Antenna hasn't moved, house hasn't moved, checked all wiring and connections.  Any Ideas???

dlhoppe

Could be tree foliage.  You may also want to re-aim the antenna. It may not look like it moved, but it's possible some high winds may have tweaked the mount ever so slightly.  With a low-power signal, it wouldn't take much to bring down your signal level in the receiver.

pontiac94

According to my Samsung SIRtS160 I have a signal strength of 93%-100%.  The sound is fine, no breakups. The picture is pixelated, as wierd as it may sound this happens more at bottom half of the screen.

tazman

I am also in Jackson and I also have those rare days where I have problems with 58-1.  I have tried tweeking the antenna but no luck.  Then a few hours later it comes in just fine.  Sounds to me more like atmospheric conditions that affect most everyone.  Possibly a signal bouncing in from somewhere else and causing interference.  Just a thought the next time it happens try tunning in 46 analog and see if there is a distant analog station possibly comming in.  That would definately mess up our digital 46.