News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

10-1 thru 10-6 Picture Squished!!!

Started by John L, Wednesday Aug 04, 2004, 04:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

Has anyone noticed that Channel 10 is broadcasting a squished picture? All of its multiple channels are that way.

It is squished diagnolly.

I don't think its my equipment because WCGV-DT and Pax-DT look very normal for a SD picture.  WMVS-DT is NOT broadcasting a proper SD picture.

wxndave

I cannot duplicate your problem on any STB or tuner card.   What type of STB are you have?  I have tried the following.

RCA DTC 100
Samsung TIR-165
Dish network 811
MyHD  Tuner card
HiPix Tuner card

Dave

John L

I'm using the Hauppaughe Win-TV-D pc card.  Channels 24 (25) and 55 (40) appear normal SD on their DTV signal.

John L

QuoteJohn L
QuoteIs 25 still working on your Hauppaughe Win-TV-D pc card?
[/B]

What gives?   Now WCGV-DT is screwed up.  I goto ch. 10 (ch. 8 for that matter) and the video is perfectly normal.

Is there a software flaw that suddenly popped up in the Hauppaughe Win-TV-D?

Yesterday it was WMVS-DT ch. 8, while 25 and 40 were perfect.  Today WMVS-DT ch. 8 and Pax-TV ch. 40 is fine, but NOT WCGV-DT ch. 25.

I'm ruling out the TV stations for this and checking into it further.  I may have to email Hauppaughe about this.

If yer getting the samething JimBoy, chances are either a virus against Hauppauge or something related to that matter.

-John L.

wxndave

Please let us know what you find.  I checked with a Sencore IRD3384 and it displayed 720X480i.

Dave

midwesterntv

QuoteOriginally posted by John L

What gives?   Now WCGV-DT is screwed up.  I goto ch. 10 (ch. 8 for that matter) and the video is perfectly normal.

Is there a software flaw that suddenly popped up in the Hauppaughe Win-TV-D?

I had the same problems with my tuner card (same as yours). I noticed WCGV (25) was squished, so I went to see if WMVS (8) still was, and sure enough, that was back to normal. Then I went back to 25 which also went back to normal.

I'm thinking it's just a hardware/software glitch more than anything.

John L

Very Strange!!!

Because I have had this pc card for a year now and yesterday was the first time I had this problem with WMVS, and today WCGV.  I suppose that means tomorrow WPXE-DT will probably be 720 x 480 or whatever.  All I know the video is narrow and people have very narrow heads.

-John L.

John L

QuoteJohn L
QuoteAre you still seeing the problem?
[/B]

As of late last night and this morning everything is back to normal.
All the SD channels and all the other channels are working fine.

I still have to look into this.  I haven't gone to the Hauppaughe Web site yet to see if there are any new updates. I've was busy doing work at the Public Access Channel I volunteer for.

-John L.

midwesterntv

John,

Have you ever been able to get a fullscreen picture on your monitor? I can enlarge the video screen as much as I want, but once it gets to the size of about half of the monitor screen, everything else (on the top, bottom, and sides) stays black. It is really annoying when I watch it on my TV via the S-Video cable and the picture is just a little square on the screen.

John L

QuoteHave you ever been able to get a fullscreen picture on your monitor?
[/B]

Dylan,

Yes I can goto TV Mode which will fill the whole monitor.  It automatically goes to 4 x 3 Pan Scan.   Not only with stations broadcasting SD but the same with upconverted stations.  But if the station is broadcasting in Wide Screen or HD, it will cut off the picture.  Thus you have to go back to "No Tile Mode" and select  4 x 3 LetterBox.  When you watch WMVT-DT you must stay away from TV Mode and 4 x 3 Scan.  The Best way to view WMVT-DT's HD programming is 4 x 3 Letterbox and "No Tile Mode".  Thus you will see the full wide screen on your monitor darkening the top and bottom.

BTW: I just got back from attending a convention about TV and Radio DXing in Omaha, Neb.  They had some digital TV tuners there.  I sure would love to get my hands on one of those tuners.  They scan the channels for what they are, like WTMJ it will show 4-0 the analog signal of WTMJ-TV, and 4-1 is the digital from ch. 28 but ID it as 4-1.

-John L.