News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

OTA in West Bend

Started by murdoc, Wednesday Jul 28, 2004, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazman

I'm actually doing better now with the Integra receiver that I just got last month.  FOX 6-1 still breaks up occasionaly.  But that's better than I was doing before with just the tuner card.  I don't currently get any digital out of Greenbay or Madison.  Some days Greenbay analog comes in good and then there are those days when it's not so good.  Madison channels I can get but their not watchable.:(

dlhoppe

Funny you should mention analog from Green Bay. I went through a lengthy testing process when I finally got things working well and I find that the digital signals out of GB are easily out-performing the analog ones. The analog broadcasts come in very snowy and completely unwatchable. I assume the UHF capability of my antenna is seriously outperforming the VHF. Don't know why that would be. UHF supposedly doesn't carry as well over long distances as VHF.  :confused:

Here are the signal strengths I get from GB as reported by my Voom receiver. These were taken in rainy weather. I'm waiting for the weather to clear so I can get some comparisons to see what impact different weather conditions have on my system.

42 WPNE:  95
23 WBAY:   97
41 WGBA:  95
59 WACY:  97
21 WIWB:  81 (this one is not reliable)
56 WFRV:   97
51 WLUK:   91