News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox broadcasts from Green Bay

Started by dlhoppe, Tuesday Jul 27, 2004, 01:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlhoppe

Does anyone know if FOX in GB will be transmitting football in HD this season?  I have a feeling I won't be able to rely on WITI to raise their power levels.  I'm trying to decide how best to get the FOX HD broadcasts. I can get the OTA signal from GB, but I don't know if they're capable of HD for this season.  Any info would be appreciated.

robster1970

Fox11 will be up running shortly. A definite before Packer season. They have already done the converting to HD. It's just a matter of when Fox starts delivering true Hd. Their digital signal is on 51-1.

dlhoppe

Thanks for the response.

I also emailed WLUK's technical dept just after I created this thread. The director of engineering responded right away with this email:

Currently FOX offers an "Enhanced Widescreen" format, it is a 480p widescreen signal but not a true HD format.  We were in the final planning stages to upgrade our studio to be able to pass this signal last summer, then FOX announced that beginning this fall they would begin sending out a 720P HD signal.  They also recommended that all stations hold off on doing any digital upgrades until they have finalized their plans.  So we put our upgrades on hold while we waiting for FOX to finalize their plans.  
Fox is planning to begin their new HD feed in August and baring any unforeseen disasters we will have all of our needed upgrades done by the time they begin their distribution of their HD signal.  FOX plans on broadcasting six football games each weekend in HD, so most if not all of the Packer games will be available in HD.

Thank you for you interest in our digital signal

Mike Nipps
Director of Engineering
WLUK TV