News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Had FOX long ago, now nothing???

Started by jchaerterich, Tuesday Jul 27, 2004, 07:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchaerterich

Hello Everyone;

I do not watch a lot of OTA HD because I am addicted to my TiVo delay and watching on my schedule.  It has been months since I checked out FOX 6-1 because football has been over.

I use to get 6-1 without a problem during football season.  I live in Brown Deer so that was a no brainer.

Started preparing and thinking about football season, so I check out OTA channels.  Everything works great but 6-1.  Nothing, just a blank screen.  Is the FOX HD signal coming from such a different location that my large roof-top antenna will not pick up the signal.  All other channels work fine.

Any ideas?  Does the antenna need to move just for 6-1?  Worried about football, thank for any help!

borghe

Fox was previously right next to you, yes. Now they are by the rest of the towers. To make matters worse you may have 12 RIGHT in front of Fox which will make things very difficult with 12 being full power and 6 being extremely low power and the two channels being right next to each other on the dial.

The one advantage is that Fox is further east than 12. I would recommend trying to rotate your antenna more east. Rotate it so you get a lower signal on 123 and possibly that will give you a little more to work with on Fox. Though another problem IIRC is that they are pointing out to the SW, so northern reception is much more difficult.

Just some suggestions.

StarvingForHDTV

I had to change from a 4 bow tie to an 8 bow tie Channel Master, and aim it just right to get the signal.  I also replaced my RG-59 with RG-6 and removed a splitter.  I have a lot of tall trees between me and the towers, so I aimed higher in the sky too.  I'm definitely aimed above the signals, but it has been working very well for me.  Basically, I think you will have to play around a bit, but it's probably worth your time.

Good luck,

Starving