• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WMLW 41 on DirecTV

Started by borghe, Friday Jun 11, 2004, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borghe

I haven't seen it mentioned ANYWHERE and just noticed it for the first time last night...

Apparently DirecTV is now carrying WMLW 41... located at, well... channel 41 :P

I haven't done any side by side comparisons to see which looks better between 41 and 58-2, but for those with a regular DirecTivo you can now finally record channel 41.....

congrats to channel 58 and DirecTV...

this is actually kind of significant because DirecTV is not obligated to carry WMLW under must carry because of its low power status (call letters WMLW-LP)..

Dick Nitelinger

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but WMLW is now a "class A" station, and as such has the calls WMLW-CA. That change occurred last September.

borghe

I didn't know that.. well, that might be it then... though I know they have only been on DirecTV for a week at most, but I am pretty sure it was just sometime this week.

kjnorman

Perhaps they were waiting until 7S went up for DirecTV to do their reorganisation of the locals.  The fact that it is now accessable would seem to indicate this.

kwinrich

The difference between LP and CA....

LP is Low Power

CA is Class A.  Class A is better because they can get more power and are given more protection from other stations.