• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Satellite radio thoughts

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Wednesday Oct 08, 2003, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your satellite radio status ?

have XM !
12 (41.4%)
 have Sirius !
1 (3.4%)
he technology isn\'t there yet.
2 (6.9%)
ho would pay for radio when it\'s available OTA ??
8 (27.6%)
ot in the car enough!
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Racer47

Are you $3.33 interested? I'll split the $10 with you and Tom for 1/3 each to get a copy of the data.

Todd Wiedemann

Tom Snyder

I did a little research and discovered that they apparently have just two terrestrial repeaters  on opposite ends of all major metropolitan areas... I would assume North and South here in Milwaukee. I'll do a little more digging before we spend the money...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

I think there's more than two. Here's a map of the Washington DC area:

Tom Snyder

From a 2002 Business Journal article:

XM Radio has five repeaters in the Milwaukee area. Sirius doesn't have any repeaters here because the company runs three satellites, and their positions in the sky decrease the company's need for terrestrial antennae, Collins said.

Yeah... I guess I'd be willing to pop the price of a beer to find out where they are...
Tom Snyder

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
Yeah... I guess I'd be willing to pop the price of a beer to find out where they are...
Well, I'll tell you one thing, there has to be one pretty darned close to Lake & North Ave. (where I'm sitting right now.)

I literally have an antenna sitting on the inside window ledge and am getting 100% coverage from a terrestrial repeater somewhere.

Tom Snyder

I'll have to see what the coverage is gonna be like at our new office... Fountain Square...  We're thinking of getting a Roady and plugging it into the back a Bose Wave radio and pumping it through the building.
Tom Snyder

Racer47

I'm still interested as well. I would have never guessed that there would be as many as the DC area map shows. If you buy the report, pm me with your address and I'll mail the money and a fax number for a copy.

Thanks.