News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox6 close but no cigar

Started by Riktar, Saturday Jun 26, 2004, 10:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Detritus

Is the plot posted by Gregg the proposed final pattern?

I guess Fox wants to reach Madison, but not North & South? Even being downtown, the antenna pattern with the current output is very unfavorable, only 0.316 go this way.

I guess every other station's final pattern outputs at least 0.8 or more of the signal this way. They all use a pattern that covers North, West and South more or less equally.

Detritus

Hm, actually... Foxeng says it'll be a Cardiod shape. That's not what Gregg posted, I think. That'll be more like what the other stations are using.

Correct?

I wonder when Fox6 will switch to that shape antenna. I guess the next wait is on :D

Gregg Lengling

The cardiod pattern file I posted was from the current STA for WITI-DT, this is not the pattern for the final station when it gets the real antenna and high power transmitter.  I'll see if I can get the final pattern for you.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Gregg Lengling

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Riktar

Once again the sun goes down and my Samsung is doing a little better. How much better you ask?

Well now the LED briefly turns green and I get what looks like a badly pixelated still image before the led goes back to it's red -orange- green- orange- red- etc. color changing.

Maybe I'll stay up a bit later to see if I might even see something moving on the picture.