News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Hi to all I am checking to see if anyone has a

Started by RODDMOD, Sunday Jun 27, 2004, 03:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RODDMOD

front projector setup that they are running???

And what size screen, and projector type.??

picopir8

I use an XGA DLP computer projector.  Not quite HD resolution but close enough.  Specks are in my signature

Rick Sass

InFocus 7205 with a 100" Stewart Electric Firehawk.

RODDMOD

Cool  the reallly big screen.

I was hoping to find someone with a CRT setup, I am running a Sony 1270. Looking to check out a G90.

JonC

Sony G70 with 108" Da-Lite 1.3 Gain Screen.  Driven by a Sammy 160 and a HTPC.

Regards

Jon

RODDMOD

106 "   Widescreen??

Wish you lived in Waukesha  Area, I do free ISFs for some equipment.

techboy

Sony VW10HT  LCD 768x1360      120" Stewart Grayhawk 16x9.  Professionally calibrated by myself.    Excellent in every way except deep blacks.  Black level tracking is good, but complete cut-off is impossible with LCD.  But LCD does not have the rainbow effect of DLP.  So it's a trade off.  OTA HDTV via MyHD PC. Also, HD TV recording possible via MyHD and WM9HD.  The scaller in this projector is the "pixelworks" and upscales DVD's very well.  Tod
Retired Broadcast TV / Radio Engineer WTMJ. ( 35 Yrs )

RODDMOD

Sounds like a nice system, had a three panel Sony LCD front projector about 6mos ago but the blue panel was getting leaky so a buddy of mine is using it as is. I don't know how he can watch it. I checked out the Sony 60"RP LCDs at Flanners, the blacks looked good, I think because the Whites were great, really jumped out at you. To bad screen is to small.  Not much to setup on a LCD.  Have you tried to play with a CRT ???  They can take awhile, depends on how fussy you are.

RODDMOD

I see that in my profile I forgot to add the Lumagen Video processor to my list. This thing is pretty sweet. I run Video format , and with the processor I can eliminate any black bars and still have an impressive image. At any movie format.  I hate black bars. The Lumagen will give you control over everything. It is just like a HTPC.,without the boot time.

StarvingForHDTV

How dark do you like to have the room for front projection?  Is it possilbe to watch during the day with blinds closed?

Thanks in advance,

Starving

RODDMOD

Yes it can never be to dark. They make sleeping blinds but I have not tried them. I watch movies only when it is dark out. At one time I had blackout cloth on the glass block windows in the basement. That worked great. That is the big negative with CRT FP. Once you watch a movie in the dark you don't want to have any light to distract you. I even put black tape over the sound amp displays.

Riktar

"Tiny" VPH-1031Q on a 70 inch wide "roll your own" screen. HTPC and a Sammy 150.

Starving: Darkness is a very subjective term for CRT owners. Not to mention it really makes a difference what you are watching as to how dark it has to be.

StarvingForHDTV

Riktar

Ok so that answer was a bit vague. Let's put it this way:

For brightly lit scenes (Most sporting events) I can handle watching it on a overcast day with the blinds closed.

For darker scenes (Ala The Matrix) I pretty much have to limit my viewing to night time viewing with the majority of the lights off.

Let me state again that this is my personal taste. Others will follow the complete darkness or not at all credo.

Something else that comes into play is how hard you want to drive your tubes. The higher you crank up the tubes the less life you get. LCD folks have something similar when they put their (newer models) LCD Pj's into "video" mode which basically lowers the ouput of the bulb. While this does prolong the life of the bulb, it does require a darker environment.

There you have it sports fans.