• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Bought a house/moving RPTV

Started by Paul S., Thursday Jun 24, 2004, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

So yeah, bought a nice place on N 83rd/Vienna. I need suggestions on moving a freshly calibrated RPTV down one set of stairs, into a truck, and down into a rec room/basement.

Tanks!

Matt Heebner

My advice would be ....very carefully...;) :p

Seriously....congrats on the new house. Now you'll never have a free weekend now that you'll have a house to play with.....:D

Matt

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
My advice would be ....very carefully...;) :p

Seriously....congrats on the new house. Now you'll never have a free weekend now that you'll have a house to play with.....:D

Matt

Heather said you're gonna help ;)

I do still have all of the packaging- I just hafta pack it once its down the stairs here! Any luck with any type of rolling carts for stairs??

jkane

Moved mine upstairs.  It had wheels on it, so I took some old trim (we were remodeling that's why we were moving it) and layed them up and down the stairs.  Then put towels on the stair rail.  Allowed the face of the TV to press against the towels, and "rolled" it up the stairs on the trim boards (carefully spaced).  Had two people on each end, one to push/pull, and the other to make sure the boards didn't move sideways.  It worked quite slick!

StarvingForHDTV

Hire insured movers, that's my advice.

Starving

Todd Wiedemann

Todd Wiedemann

By the way, Paul,

Happy Birthday ! ;)

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd Wiedemann
By the way, Paul,

Happy Birthday ! ;)

Tank ya! Big 2-7. I feel like 40 anyways lol

jkane

40?  You mean it takes you longer to pee than it did when you were 20, and you need to put your car keys in the same place every day, or you can't find them the next morning?  ;)

Happy Birthday "Old Man"!

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by jkane
40?  You mean it takes you longer to pee than it did when you were 20, and you need to put your car keys in the same place every day, or you can't find them the next morning?  ;)

Happy Birthday "Old Man"!

Oddly, you are 100% correct.