News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 is moving their Antenna this Week!

Started by Tom Snyder, Monday Jun 07, 2004, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Fox6 has been pretty forthright and proactive in their communication with us over the past week.

Last report was that it would happen on Monday or Tuesday. If it will be later than that, they'll let us know.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

borghe

I've been waiting about 2 years for this and I am fine with the delay. Within three months Fox 6 and Fox broadcasting will be giving us better reception, mostly HD Packers, almost all scripted programming in HD, tons of HD sports, and did I say able to finally be received by most for free over the air?

This is a major changing point and I think we should be supportive and not at all critical. Fox 6 has had (rightfully so) a very bad opinion of this board in the past, and I know I myself have been responsible for a number of nasty email communications with them as well, but what they are showing here is literally a 180° about face. Tons of HD and most in the metro milwaukee area should have little problem picking it up OTA. If that doesn't deserve some past bad feelings to be let go, I don't know what does..

AndrewP

I will agree with borghe only if I will have a signal in Muskego.
Otherwise, sorry FOX.

Andrew

Rick Sass

And I will agree with AndrewP only if I get a signal in Sullivan :)

Rick

Tom Snyder

You guys get 58 Digital out there? I'm thinking the power and height will result in a similar coverage pattern...
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

AndrewP

Yes, I have 58 with attic antenna just fine.

Andrew

Rick Sass

No 58 Digital in Sullivan with a CM 3678 in the attic.

Rick

AndrewP

Rick,

I did not have ch. 58 with my older antenna.
But after the upgrade to Radio Shack large VG(?) 190 Ch 58 is coming with min. 75%.

Andrew

Rick Sass

AndrewP -

I assume you are talking about CH 58 DIGITAL correct?

Rick

AndrewP

Bent_MG

Also, I can get Channel 58's digital signal way down here in Elkhorn with a rooftop antenna (VU-190 from Radio Shack) with an occasional signal breakup, but it's stable enough to watch...hopefully I'll have the same luck with Fox, since the only other Fox station I can pick up here is from Chicago (ewww, Bears games!!!) :)

borghe

note that I am not saying that we also haven't had a right to be critical in the past.. Fox 6 has definitely lagged behind all non-Sinclair stations in the area.. I am just saying at some point we need to let it go.. leveling criticsm (or even just sarcasm) for a few days of delay could be construed as petty and in poor taste while on the path to mending fences...

Rick Sass

AndrewP -

Can you tell me the model number of your RS antenna?

Thanx,

Rick

AndrewP

Yes, my antenna is VU-190 too. I just forgot the letters.

Andrew

dlhoppe

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on an antenna I've been using to get the Green Bay market. It's the radio shack UHF-Only outdoor antenna. The model is U75-R.  I have mine installed in the attic and I'm about 65-70 miles from the Green Bay towers. It works great and it only costs around $25.  I bought it just to experiment with trying to receive other surrounding markets (and to try and  pick up some Fox programming ).