• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Direct TV frustrations

Started by Jeff Trumpy, Friday Apr 30, 2004, 04:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Trumpy

As I have mentioned before we had HD TV installed thru Direct TV
special off to existing cusomers - $99.00 - and then had a service call less than a week later - (free) because it was within the first 30 days
Got the Direct TV bill this week they debited out of my checking account - 399.00 for the receiver and 70.00 for the service call
Plus numerous other charges - They say all they can do is credit our account - I am asking for the money back -
They are considering making a "special exception....."
I find this quite frustrating -
I don't mean to discredit them - up until now we have been happy with them and as i told a supervisor today we will continue to stay with them - but be careful when you deal with them because i talked to 3 people before i placed the orginal order and was assured by all 3 that we would get the sale price and i was told that it says on our account please bill the sale price.
I guess it is truly buyer beware

easylistener

I have taken serveral of these deals from direct.  I always have to pay upfront and then I get a big credit on the directv bill.  I then don't have to pay a bill for four or five months.  Have you looked at your bill online and see if you have a big credit.  They may have taken it out of your checking and then givin you a big credit.  This should have been explained to you better.  

Next time talk to the retention dept.  They can give you  the best service and they are normaly the most helpfull.

Jeff Trumpy

if we had been told that we would be getting a credit for a number of months that would have been okay with us - Instead we were told that the final bill (under $200) including the monthly bill would be deducted - instead they deducted nearly $600 from the checking account - we called and talked to a customer service rep who basically found the whole thing amusing (she laughed about it)
we have the signed paper work saying that there was no charge for the service call and we were charged $70.00
We then talked to a supervisor who may or may not resolve this
he at least sounded sympathetic -
it just leaves a bad taste in one's mouth

easylistener

Call and ask for rentention.  Don't stop intill you get there.  They are the only people that realy can make things right.

Jeff Trumpy

just to let you know Direct TV finally did what they said they would -
They refunded the money to my account and deducted the service call from my bill -
although they promised over and over to mail and fax the paperwork to show me that they did so - it never appeared ahead of time - however it was all listed on the last bill -
as others have found out - persistance pays off

morale of the story - be persistant and ask for the supervisor -
workers can promise the world but do not have the authority to
give it

borghe

DirecTV is awesome. Unfortunately their CSRs are kind of morons... Fewer morons than TWC CSRs. but morons nonetheless...

I think where DirecTV has won awards for customer support is primarily from their installation for free on anything offers and customer retention... no matter how bad your experience is with a company, if it is solved to your satisfaction you will almost always say they still had great customer support.. All of my issues with TWC are aimed squarely at the fact that by the end of me dealing with them, things either still weren't resolved or they weren't resolved anywhere near to what I would call acceptable...

This is where I think D* is different.. People will possibly have problems with them occassionally, but 9 times out of 10 by the time the person is done working with them they are completely happy with the resolution.. That's cutomer service.