• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Eliab is coming to Milwaukee

Started by Paul S., Tuesday Apr 27, 2004, 10:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veyj

Don't forget to mention milwaukeehdtv.org to Eliab.

From Avical.com

"Avical also donates $25.00 directly to the home theater forum responsible for bringing us a client as a token of appreciation for their support as well as helping to sustain the home theater on-line community."

RickNeff

QuoteDon't forget to mention milwaukeehdtv.org to Eliab.

Actually, I have mentioned it many times.  However, I don't have any contact information for donations.  I'd be happy to pass that information along.

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by veyj
Don't forget to mention milwaukeehdtv.org to Eliab.

From Avical.com

"Avical also donates $25.00 directly to the home theater forum responsible for bringing us a client as a token of appreciation for their support as well as helping to sustain the home theater on-line community."

That would be 'The SPot', then :D

RickNeff

Here's the most up-to-date information I have about the tour:

Eliab (//www.avical.com) will be making a calibration tour of the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area on Friday, May 28 through Tuesday, June 1. I am serving as Eliab's coordinator for this tour.  Currently the following timeslots are available:

1. Friday, May 28th at 4:00 PM - RESERVED
2. Sunday, May 30th at 9:30 AM - RESERVED
3. Sunday, May 30th at 4:00 PM
4. Monday, May 31st at 9:30 AM
5. Monday, May 31st at 4:00 PM
6. Tuesday, June 1st at 9:30 AM - RESERVED

If you are interested in reserving one of these slots, please respond without delay by sending a message to me including your name, address, phone number(s), e-mail address, TV make and model, and the day/time you prefer. You can send the information to me at rickneff@aol.com.

The other important stuff:

- Eliab's travel expenses will be divided among all of the tour customers. The amount is $75 per person and will be added to the price of the calibration.

- In an effort to keep travel costs down, Eliab will forego the expense of renting a car providing the tour participants are willing to drive him. The system is pretty simple. The first customer of the day will pick Eliab up at his hotel, and the next customer will pick him up at the first customer's house. At the conclusion of this calibration the customer would drive Eliab back to his hotel. In the case of the Milwaukee tour, the Monday customer would be responsible for picking Eliab up at the Airport. (However, this is a moot point since that slot is currently taken.)

Toshiba, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Sony - just about any brand of Direct View or Rear Projection set will benefit immensely from Eliab's magic touch! If you are not familiar with the new types of calibration services that Eliab offers, please visit his newly revised web-site at //www.avical.com. Costs are given for three levels of calibration, as well as for supplemental Videophile tweaks.  Eliab has asked to reserve any technical questions and/or concerns to him at: (908)531-7028 or info@avical.com.

Personally, Eliab worked his magic on my set last year and I couldn't be more happy with the results!

RickNeff

Oh, and one more thing.  Right now, I don't know where he's staying this tour, but he mentioned he should know by Sunday.

I'll be sure to post it when I know.

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by RickNeff
In the case of the Milwaukee tour, the Monday customer would be responsible for picking Eliab up at the Airport. (However, this is a moot point since that slot is currently taken.)

I'm confused- I'm the first one, so don't I hafta pick him up at the airport on Friday?

RickNeff

QuoteI'm confused- I'm the first one, so don't I hafta pick him up at the airport on Friday?

Oops, sorry about that.  Indeed it's Friday, not Monday. Seems I mistyped the day.

Also, I do have the hotel information:

Best Western Inn Towne Hotel
710 N. Old World 3rd St.
Milwaukee, WI 53203

So, that's the pickup/dropoff at the beginning/end of the day.

Paul S.

If you can get his flight info, that'd be killer, too.;)