• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Lookie Here....Some New Sponsors ????

Started by Matt Heebner, Wednesday Apr 21, 2004, 04:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

Wow, Bettercables.....Bose.....Creative......

Looks like we finally got us some online sponsors:eek: :p
Did I miss an announcement or something ??

Matt

Gregg Lengling

No not really we never announced it...as it's not really a lot of revenue yet.  Tom's company would love it if we were a 501(c)3 corp as he'd get a lot of tax advantages...You really don't want to know how much this site is costing his company to create and maintain....but anyhow any thing like this is a plus as it offsets a minor portion of his costs.

Anyhow just thank Tom Synder and Trivera for all the great support for this site, the hosting and all the programming expenses.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Tom Snyder

It's actually a win-win... the sponsors pay us a percentage of the sales generated by "click throughs."  Not as much as we'd get if they were willing to pay our going rate, but better than nothing.

The banner placement and rotation software is pretty complicated software to learn. We've actually had it installed for almost a year, but never went through the process to learn it and configure it.  Finally decided to just do it.

We're still waiting for approval on several other sponsors, so  there should be some more in the days and weeks ahead. We'll also be adding some additional banner "areas" on the site.

Here's the important part: If you're ever gonna buy something from one of our sponsors, it's important to go to the site via one of our links. We'll be adding  a single "sponsors" page, where you'll be able to see them all.  

And an added benefit... We get a little more credibility because we have some pretty cool sponsors. Might help us get some business from the big local retail guys. :) .
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

viva-vegas

Just my two cents from running some sites for the past few years, you may want to look at using Google AdSense.

Google AdSense

Telling you in dollar and cents would violate my TOS with them, but just say the revenue generate far exceeds all other commission advertisers combined.

Again, my $.02

Keep up the great work on the site!

Craig
Brookfield

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by viva-vegas
Just my two cents from running some sites for the past few years, you may want to look at using Google AdSense.

Interesting. I took a look at them. I had seen the service on other sites. I contacted them to see if I could get an account setup so I could use them on the HT portion of my web site. I didn't think I would 'qualify', but I did. I have them up and running now.

I did this for two reasons. First and foremost as a learning experience and also as a possible service to the visitors I get at my site. I don't really expect to get any revenue from it.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album