• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CBS to Telecast Complete Masters in High-Def

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Apr 01, 2004, 08:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Jon Consoli

MARCH 30, 2004 -

CBS will put on its biggest production of a high-definition television sports telecast ever when it airs complete 18-hole coverage of the Masters golf tournament from Thursday, April 8, through Sunday, April 11.

CBS Sports will use 42 high-definition cameras and 10 hand-held 16x9 standard-definition cameras to cover the event. The telecast will be produced in 1080i high-definition format to air on HD channels and then downconverted for airing on the analog broadcast. The announcers and camera shots on both telecasts will be the same.

The Thursday and Friday (April 8 and 9) rounds will air only on CBS Television's HD Network, while the weekend rounds will air in both HD and analog.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

sdn10s

If I'm not mistaken, the entire tournament will also be shown commercial-free again this year.

summerfun

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
10 hand-held 16x9 standard-definition cameras to cover the event.
Great news mixed with disappointment. Those SD cameras are so bad. I saw them during the Daytona 500. Every time they switched to an SD camera, it was like the TV went out of focus.

I guess we just have to wait a little while longer until we get everything we want. This sure is better than nothing though.

StarvingForHDTV

42 HD cameras must cost a fortune.  I will have to watch at least part of this.

Thanks for the advance notice.

Starving