• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Advice

Started by jonnie1102, Wednesday Feb 04, 2004, 09:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnie1102

Just bought a new HDTV.  I was reading a little bit about convergence.  Now I have a two part question.  First, even though I think the picture looks great, should I fine tune the convergence, and second can I goof it up doing this to the point where I would have to hire someone to fix it?

Thanks

Gregg Lengling

First off you don't mention what you own..this makes alot of difference.  If you have an RPTV then yes usually this helps quite a lot....HOWEVER...yes you can screw it up.  I would suggest doing a GOOGLE search on the model you have and you'll probably find tips on the AVS forum and others.  I would suggest however that you spend a few dollars and buy the AVIA disk and materials as it's very good and walks you thru every step.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY!
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

jonnie1102

It' a 42'' Mitsubishi rear projection, model WT-42313.  I did find a site that recommended turning the contrast down and making some other tweaks with the color, sharpness, and brightness which seemed to improve the picture but nothing on the convergence.  I'll try the Google search.  Also where can I get that disk your talking about, and how much does it usually run?

Gregg Lengling

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

jonnie1102

Thank you very much.  As you may have guessed this is my first HDTV and am kind of in the dark trying to learn right now.

Paul S.

Hey Jon, you can borrow mine.