• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fcc Chairman Powell Calls Super Bowl Halftime Show A

Started by Gregg Lengling, Monday Feb 02, 2004, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

FCC Chairman Michael Powell today issued the following statement:

"I am outraged at what I saw during the halftime show of the Super Bowl.  Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration.  Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt. Our nation's children, parents and citizens deserve better.  

"I have instructed the Commission to open an immediate investigation into last night's broadcast. Our investigation will be thorough and swift."
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

StarvingForHDTV

I agree.  The half time show was even worse than last year.  I didn't think it was possible.

Starving

John L

I certainly hope the FCC imposes fines against CBS-TV.  I just found out that CBS-TV knew ahead of time what was plan during the half-time show.  Afterall, the Superbowl halftime shows are planned, written and reheared at least a month before the date of the show.  

-John L.

Joseph S

Speaking from the plush sand on the clothing optional beach in Aruba during his latest network and lobbyist paid for trip, Chairman Powell called the stunt an outrage :D

When is he going to do his job and get us our HDTV at full power and full coverage for the intended broadcast zones??