• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Hd Dvd

Started by Paul S., Sunday Jan 25, 2004, 08:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul S.

Rented 'Once Upon a Time in Mexico' and the back said 'mastered in High Definition'. Do you hafta have one of them fancy shiny new HD DVD players to enjoy that?

Gregg Lengling

It may have been mastered in HD but was down converted to 480p for DVD sales......You can only fix 22 minutes of HD on a current DVD.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Matt Heebner

Well....technically yea but....Terminator 2 Extreme has a HD version on a regular old DVD utalizing Windows MPEG 4 compression. You do need some serious processing power though to see it. A Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz with a 128 Mb video card minimum.
I heard it looks great though. I wouldn't know seeing as I only have a Celery 2.0 Ghz......

Matt

Paul S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
Well....technically yea but....Terminator 2 Extreme has a HD version on a regular old DVD utalizing Windows MPEG 4 compression. You do need some serious processing power though to see it. A Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz with a 128 Mb video card minimum.
I heard it looks great though. I wouldn't know seeing as I only have a Celery 2.0 Ghz......

Matt
I have that, I just don't have the DVD player for the 'puter lol!

MikeRoz

This may have meant how the original edit was mastered.
This movie was not shot on film, it was shot on 24p HD and edited on an
Avid DS/HD.

So they might be refering to the technology used to master the edit, rather than the technology used to master the DVD.

Just another possibility!