News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I got Fox!

Started by picopir8, Friday Jul 09, 2004, 09:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picopir8

Its still very weak but Im at least able to pull it in.  I have a rooftop antenna which what not wired in a convenient location so I was using the RS double bowtie.  Anyway, I rewired the antenna and I am now able to pull in fox 6.  However, the rooftop antenna does not want to pull in any of the 1-x stations, 4-1, 18-x, or 24-1.  So Im going to have to keep the double bowtie around for those.  In addition to fox 6, the rooftop gave me another NBC station. I have yet to check where its from but I suspect its either Madison or Rockford since those would be the closest to 180 degrees off of my antenna, Chicago is 90 degrees so I dont think its them unless they are cranking the power.

Luckily my HDTV tuner card has two antenna inputs and it will automatticaly select the right antenna so no need for a switch.

But since I am able to pick up fox, it may be time to invest in a better antenna and perhaps a rotor to get me a little reception.  Before I do that I better figure out what antenna Im actually using.  There is one on the roof and one in the attic and I have no clue which one the wires are connected to!  Hopefully its the rooftop one.

Anyway, I just had to brag to  the folks who are still not getting it. (sorry!)  Hopefully fox will widen the pipe before Packer season!

John L

WMAQ-DT ch. 5 from Chicago puts out a very good signal this way along with WFLD-DT.  WMAQ-DT is on ch. 29, WFLD is on 31.

-John L.