• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Where's Wayne Youngquist ?

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Tuesday Jan 13, 2004, 10:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wiedemann

... nothing in Tim's column, that I can remember.

I see former 'TMJ-er Jeff Fleming in the Political Analyst slot.

Anyone ?

Tom Snyder

A search through the archives at JS Online shows Wayne's last mention back in June.

Fleming's been a "consultant" (i.e. rent-a-flack) at  the Zizzo Group for some time. I wonder if he's on the 12 payroll as an employee, if he's free lancing or if they have some deal with Zizzo.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

Thanks, Tim. Tim's 01-15-04 column
QuoteThe appearance of former Mayor John O. Norquist's former spokesman, Jeff Fleming, as a "political analyst" on Channel 12 this week has led to questions about the status of the ABC affiliate's longtime "senior political analyst" Wayne Youngquist.

Channel 12 news director Barbara Maushard says Youngquist continues in that role. But the station hopes to bring in a whole range of new folks who can offer insights into the upcoming series of elections.

"It's not replacing anybody," she says.

As for Fleming, she says he's not paid by the station for his analysis.

"We've been using Jeff a lot over the last couple days," she says, citing his City Hall experience.

Fleming is a consultant for the Zizzo Group, a local advertising and PR firm. And like other politically connected PR guys, he's always ready to offer his analysis on TV and radio, and in this newspaper.

The knowledgeable Fleming is especially skillful on TV because of his earlier incarnation as a Channel 4 reporter.

Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org