• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

18 & 24 DT Channels

Started by Kevin Arnold, Tuesday Mar 12, 2002, 10:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Arnold

Just checked titan tv and in the coming soon section for dtv stations 18 and 24 are now listed as going live on Sept. 1, 2002. I don't get it. If they didn't get waivers how do they just push back a date. Or don't the rules have any teeth? Doesn't matter, they won't have anything in HD to broadcast anyway, unless Fresh Prince, Moisha, and Star Trek TNG are re-mastered.:-)
Kevin Arnold

Joseph S

I have a sneaky suspicion the search engine is to blame. Some of these applications have multiple stations listed in them. Entering applicant names doesn't seem to work and neither do call letters. These excuses are really lame. They've had five whole years to implement this and they all waited until less than two months remaining.

Example: http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=100584059&formid=301&fac_num=71278

They even had the gall to check the natural disasters box. The PDF file of their application states nothing of the sort. Yet, it was granted by the FCC.

tenth_t2

Tis may be a good general question for Jim Hall in tonight's chat.  Although it's not his station, I'd bet he can explain it if none of us know.

Greg O.

------------------
Mitsubishi 55859
Sony DA555ES Receiver
Sony DVP-S300 DVD
Mits U776 S-VHS
A few Sony WEGA's
A mix o'speakers (Infinity, JBL, Bose)
1- Black Rabbit
1- Wife