News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

OTA channels up North

Started by Malamute, Tuesday Dec 16, 2003, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malamute

Todd,

When we go up north this weekend for dog sledding I'll be bringing the TV my second set (a 20" w/ dvd & vcr built-in) and we used to use a cheap pair of rabbit ears and all we got was three station  WYOW-TV 34 ABC (WAOW-TV 9 Wausau owned), WJFW-TV 12 NBC and WNMU-TV 13 Marquette/PBS MPT(Michigan Public TV).

So last weekend I did some shoping around for powered AMP set top antenna, I bought a RCA Ant 1250 and hooked it up tothe TV set I take with me.  I wanted to see what channels I could get around here.  So the channels I was unable to get were : 3 CBS/Madison; 4 NBC/Milwaukee: 6 FOX/Milwaukee and 30 ; 41 ; out of Milwaukee all the other channels I was able to get no problem.

So when I'm up north next week I will see if I can get some more channels in they are  W57AR-LP 57 CBS (ch 7 CBS Wausau) ; WFXS-TV 55 Fox/UPN  Wausau; WDHS-TV 8 EWTN Iron Mountain;
WMQF-TV 19 Fox/UPN  Marquette

So when I get back I'll let you know what I was able to pick up.

Untill next year:D  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to ALL:rock:

Malamute

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteSo when I get back I'll let you know what I was able to pick up.
Definitely !! I'm anxious to hear your results.

No FTA dish on the roof, yet. Darn snow ...

I'll be posting a pictoral journal of my install ...

Todd.

Malamute

Todd,
I know that the fox/upn is FTA. It can be found on Galaxy 10R so I have been watching it this past week to see how the snow has been, most of the snowmoblies trails are open.

I went to northpine.com and found some info on the channels up there:

Eagle River   WYOW-TV  34 ABC  2,750kW
Sayner          W57AR      57 CBS  17.2kW
Rhinelander  WJFW-TV   12 NBC  316kW
Wausau/
    Wittenburg  WFXS-TV  55 FOX/UPN  5,000kW
Park Falls      WLEF-TV    36 PBS   1,050kW

Iron Mountain   WDHS-TV  8 EWTN  316kW
Ishpeming         WBUP-TV  10 ABC   316kW
Marquette         WNMU-TV  13 PBS   316kW
                         WMQF-TV  19 Fox/UPN  500kW

The cheap rabbit ears we got only 34;12;13

Were we will be staying is about 12 miles east of eagle river just off hwy 70 in forest county. If you look at a map, follow what I just say and look for Franklin Lake were on the east side of the lake.

So I'm out here, till NEXT YEAR Party HARD:rock: :drink:

Malmute and four legged FUR Balls ODDER/THUNDER/CAMI

Malamute

Todd, I'm back:D

Well the test went like this:

The set top powered Antenna pulled in only one more channel
channels 12 / 13 / 34 / and the new one was 36 the PBS station from Park Falls

But we do rent two cabins up there and that cabin does have a roof top antenna on it.  It has VHF antenna Plus a 4 bow Bowtie Antenna (Like the one from Channel Master) with a pre amp and a base amp hook to it and a small 13in TV set.  The channels I was able to get was a surprise:  CBS 7 Wausau / ABC 9 Wausau / NBC 12 Rhinelander / ABC 34(9) / PBS 36 Park Falls / CBS 57(7) but no Fox channels EWTN or UPN.

I was happy that The Packer Game on the sunday after Christmas was on CBS and not FOX since we were able to get the CBS channels 7 & 57.

I did find out that they are going to put a new roof on the main cabin that we do stay in and I offered to buy a roof top antenna and put it out just after they get the new roof on it.  I might try a satellite system too but still questions on it yet.

Malamute