• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Longhorn

Started by mcq, Wednesday Dec 10, 2003, 10:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcq

Updated my Virtual PC from Connectix with MS Virtual PC 2004 (MS recently bought Virtual PC)

This software allows you to load (and run, provided you have the memory) any compbination of MS operating systems (I also have OS/2 and SUSE 8.0 all running on my Windows 2000 Server--PC.)

Anyway I just installed a Pre-Alpha version of "Longhorn" MS's next version of Windows. I am not sure I noticed anything new... yet.......

I will update as I explore

Tom Snyder

Wow! A Microsoft guy... actually an honest-to-goodness Microsoft Certified zealot...

...with Linux on his machine!?!? And not even just your run-of-the-mill Redhat, but a less mainstream distribution at that!

I am impressed!:rock:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Joseph S

Why not just install the latest version of Longhorn??

[spoiler]Mac OS X or Darwin[/spoiler] ;) All the features without "Wizards."

mcq

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
And not even just your run-of-the-mill Redhat, but a less mainstream distribution at that!

I am impressed!:rock:

Tom, I am concerned about your reference to Linux. It's "distro" not distribution.

I would only recommend any "distro" of Linux to people who actually know something about computer OS's. Even SUSE 8.0 is NOT for the weak!

mcq

QuoteOriginally posted by Joseph S
Why not just install the latest version of Longhorn??

[spoiler]Mac OS X or Darwin[/spoiler] ;) All the features without "Wizards."

In my travels, I have worked on Macs once or twice. I always seem to need a shower soon after.  :D

When Darwin runs on an Intel (which would be the only attraction to me), I'll check it out. Until then, being forced into a proprietary hardware platform is not my thing.

mcq

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
...with Linux on his machine!?!?
Well...technically, on a "virtual" machine! :cool:

Tom Snyder

Man you ARE a geek! :rofl:

You'd probably fit in well back in our application development department...

Although the raging debate back there is Redhat or Debian.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Joseph S