• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Big HD Push by Time Warner Systems

Started by Gregg Lengling, Monday Nov 24, 2003, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Time Warner Cable plans to launch on Wednesday, Nov. 26 its first retail high-definition marketing effort, a massive promotion that will reach across 1,300 retailers nationwide.

The promotion is designed to drive interest in HDTV, expected to be a huge hit this holiday season. As part of the promotion, HDTV set maker Pioneer will offer customers $500 cash back on a Pioneer HDTV set and Time Warner will pony up six free months of digital cable service, which includes HD content from Discovery, iN Demand, Fox Sports Net, HBO, Showtime and the broadcast networks.

The offer will be available at about 1,300 retailers across the country in Time Warner's footprint, including Best Buy, Sears, Wal-Mart and Circuit City as well as regional and local audio and video stores, said Charles Haugabrook, VP of sales channel development at Time Warner Cable. It will run through Feb. 8
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

gparris

This is a joke, right? :D

"April fool?"

Oh, it's a "November fool"?:p

Time Warner Cable and HDTV?

iN Demand and Fox Sports Net?

Where?

Certainly not in Milwaukeeland.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
Time Warner Cable plans to launch on Wednesday, Nov. 26 its first retail high-definition marketing effort,.....

.....and Time Warner will pony up six free months of digital cable service, which includes HD content from Discovery, iN Demand, Fox Sports Net, HBO, Showtime and the broadcast networks.

Does that mean new HD channels on November 26th?

Starving

jlegge

QuoteOriginally posted by StarvingForHDTV

Starving

No....   :bang:

I wish it did but this is a marketing driven promotion as opposed to a performance driven promotion.

gparris

In fairness to TWC, there are 2 new HD channels on right now in the TWC Milwaukee system as I write this...

iN HD 1 and iN HD 2 channels were added today.

These are channels 545 and 546...for a $6.95 monthly charge additional. Cheaper than the $10.99 DTV asks for 4 additional and remember, HD Discovery (channel 541) is at no extra charge already from some time ago if you compare HD packages.:)

As for more HD channels, maybe more will come assuming  additional movie channels, like "The Movie Channel HD" will appear, coming out on December 1st for cable/sat systems to pick up. Contract agreements could be pending with DTV or TWC.
It is up to them to get going on it. HBO and SHo have long been available on both systems for some time.

Cinemax HD was supposed to appear in December, but there is no mention on the HBO website like the Showtime mentions the forthcoming TMC-HD channel.;)

So call your cable operator if you are a TWC sub and ask for it.:cool:

mhz40

Starving
No.  It means new HD channels today .

StarvingForHDTV

I don't know who the source of the news is, but it could be misleading if Time Warner is the source.  I would expect from the news to be able to watch Fox Sports Net in HD as of November 26th.  I wonder if they are throwing in the fees required to watch INHD 1&2 with their 6 free months deal?  Otherwise that could be misleading as well.

Starving

Gregg Lengling

The posting was from a TWC press release.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

mhz40

I don't know who the source of the news is, but it could be misleading if Time Warner is the source.  I would expect from the news to be able to watch Fox Sports Net in HD as of November 26th.  I wonder if they are throwing in the fees required to watch INHD 1&2 with their 6 free months deal?  Otherwise that could be misleading as well.

Starving
My take on it was that you got a $500 rebate with the purchase of any Pioneer HDTV and free 6mo HD content WHEN you purchase Pioneer gear... not cart blanc HD for everyone.

StarvingForHDTV

I guess I would need someone like Jackie Chiles to settle this.  I'm not planning on buying a Pioneer HD set right now.  If anyone is, they should make sure they get what was implied.  IMHO

Starving