• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WMIL Radio in the late 80's

Started by foxeng, Monday Nov 24, 2003, 07:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxeng

Does anyone remember WMIL radio from the late 80's? I had a couple of friends I used to work with here in NC that moved there and worked at WMIL from 1989 to the early 90's. One was a morning sidekick named Steve Norris and the other was the midday guy whose first name was Kerry, but I have no idea what last name he was using on MIL. (not his real name). The program director at the time was a fellow named Kevin O'Neil.

I know where Steve and Kevin are, but lost track Kerry in the early 90's when last I heard he became the program director when Kevin left to go to WSM-FM in Nashville in 1990 or 91 and Steve came back south here to North Carolina.

Just a shot in the dark.

Tom Snyder

Kerry's still here.

I used to work for the company that produced the software they used to schedule their music, and he was one of my accounts. He's a good guy!

He's the current PD for WMIL (and at least one of the other Clear Channel stations here).
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

foxeng

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
Kerry's still here.

I used to work for the company that produced the software they used to schedule their music, and he was one of my accounts. He's a good guy!

He's the current PD for WMIL (and at least one of the other Clear Channel stations here).

That is great! He may vaguely remember me. If you ever see him, guess not if he is not a client anymore, but tell him Charlie Layno, who was the engineer at Big 102, WBIG in Greensboro says "HEY!"