• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Discovery HD Theater Serves A Heaping Portion Of High-Definition Programming For Than

Started by Gregg Lengling, Sunday Nov 16, 2003, 10:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Discovery HD Theater™ will serve up a full course of high-definition programming on Thanksgiving Day (November 27) beginning at 10am (ET) and lasting until 2am (ET) on Friday, November 28. With "16 Courses of HD," the 24/7 high-definition network plans to entertain current subscribers and hopes to lure new HD viewers who might be celebrating the holiday with family and friends who already own an HDTV set.

"We believe much of the HDTV transition is happening on a very personal level, like when you bring your family and friends together for events like Thanksgiving," said Clint Stinchcomb, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Discovery HD Theater. "We call it the 'cul de sac effect.' Quite simply, when you see the stunning clarity of an HDTV set, it's difficult to go back home and watch the old analog set. Discovery HD Theater hopes to further the high-definition transition this holiday by showcasing the crème de la crème of our HD library. We've planned a Thanksgiving Day lineup featuring the programs viewers love to watch because they are just so amazingly beautiful in HD."

Programming on tap for "16 Courses of HD" includes several episodes of "The Jeff Corwin Experience" (10am, 1pm and 5pm) and "Wild Nights" (11am, 2pm and 6pm). Also in the holiday mix is "Trading Space$ 100 Grand" (8pm) and "Secrets Of Bangkok" (11pm).

Throughout Thanksgiving Day, other HD specials will include "Undiscovered Walt Disney World," "Sharks Under Glass," "Secrets Of Glacier National Park," "Okinawa's Coral Treasures," "Truk Lagoon," and three episodes of "We Built This City."

In total, Discovery HD Theater will premiere more than 20 high-definition hours throughout November featuring a variety of specials and original series.

Discovery HD Theater is a 24-hour high-definition (HD) network from the creators of the Discovery Channel. For more information, visit //www.discovery.com.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Snard

QuoteOriginally posted by Bebop
More repeats again, talking about serving up turkeys.
Hey, I'm glad that Discovery HD Theatre is doing this. We aren't hosting the Thanksgiving gathering this year, but you can bet if we were, this channel would be on the TV all afternoon (well, after the Packer game).

As it is, I'm going to be subjected to a special type of torture this Thanksgiving. My brother-in-law has a 36" direct view HDTV (a Panasonic monitor, I believe), but they don't have cable, and he hasn't yet gotten an OTA converter. So it looks great when they are watching DVDs, but for standard OTA viewing, it's ghost city (they live in Pewaukee and have an attic antenna)

I really need to tell them about the low-cost (~$25/mo) option from TWC for local channels only and HDTV.
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!