• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Charter Cable Subscribers

Started by Gregg Lengling, Sunday Nov 09, 2003, 01:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

I have some questions for Charter Cable subscribers.  I'm not in their area but working on some changes for my parents (they're in their 80's and don't want them to get ripped off).
They live in Kewaskum and right now have Broadcast Basic and Expanded Basic for a total of $43.95 plus taxes.  We are looking at getting them Pipeline also as all the ISP's serving that area are not very good on dialup.

So here's my questions:

They could be very happy with the 384kbps service at $29.99

However the website doesn't give any pricing on anything other than the Pipeline services.  Is there a package that would do them better...say a digital package with Pipeline.  The way it looks right now if they stay the same and add the 384 service they'll be paying $73.94 plus taxes.....can they do better.

Just trying to get all the info before their rep calls me to get things set up and my parents aren't rich...so we're trying to be cost effective.  However my 83 year old mother is an Internet Geek and she's on-line probably 6 or more hours a day and just loves it.

So what say people????

:confused:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

stevenq99

Greg

I have Charter in Cottage Grove with the pipeline service.  I got the dish trade in program $50/month for digital cable and cable moden. Dont know if you have an extra sat reciever laying around but it might be worth a shot.  Charter turned up cable modem speed  to 2000K until some time next year.    I think they have some sort of combo deal for about $70-80/month.

Gregg Lengling

Thanks if they don't call me today (as I signed her up via the Internet) I'll call them and figure it out.  I was just going to get her the 384kbs service but if the package deals are real good, I'll get her the full bandwidth.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

stevenq99

Just curious what you found out.  My deal runs out soon and I am wondering how bad is going to get.

Thanks

Steve

uplinkguy

I signed up for their free install/free trial almost two months ago.  It will run out soon.

In Middleton, after taxes, I think it will cost me $114 for:
one hd box
one digital box (no s-video or other perks)
HBO
their medium level silver cable broadband

one lousy program guide

I believe everything is $5: $5 for a box, $5 for a movie package, $5 for another movie package......

I would be curious to what off-the-air channels they carry in HD in Kewaskum.  Currently they only have WKOW/ABC and WISC/CBS in the Madison area.

I believe you need the digital tier to get broadband.

davezen2

QuoteOriginally posted by uplinkguy

I would be curious to what off-the-air channels they carry in HD in Kewaskum.  Currently they only have WKOW/ABC and WISC/CBS in the Madison area.

I believe you need the digital tier to get broadband.

Charter doesn't currently offer HD in the Kewaskum area.

You don't need to be a digital subscriber to get broadband. (I've got a broadband connection through them, but won't sign up for their digital service until HD is available in this area.)

Gregg Lengling

Got them scheduled for Friday to do the Pipeline install.  They don't offer any packages that give discounts...just all the normal rates.  My parents don't care about the digital package so they are just staying with what they have.

However they are giving us the  2mb Pipeline thru April for $29.95 and then it goes up to $39.95...but if we don't want to pay the higher price they'll keep it at 29.95 but at 384kbs.  They wanted 4.95 per month to rent a modem...so I went to Circuit City and bought one for $50.00 after the rebate.  Pays for itself very quick....

We'll find out Friday how well it all goes...

Thanks for the info guys.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI