• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NFL Network Plans HD Game Coverage

Started by Gregg Lengling, Wednesday Oct 08, 2003, 11:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

NFL Network will begin its first week of operation with the start of a new feature, a 60-minute condensed NFL game from the previous weekend's action. It will use technology and in-depth analysis to go inside the game, exploring personnel match-ups, highlight outstanding performances and break-down crucial plays. "NFL Films Presents: Game of the Week in HD" will review the game quarter by quarter. NFL Films will select the game after conferring with the studio's cinematographers and soundmen to find out which game action and sideline sound they captured that Sunday. A different game will run every week throughout the season.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

veyj

Less than 2 weeks for the NFL network to premier on DirecTV channel 212.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/

The first 60 minute condensed game of the week in HD will debut Wednesday, Nov. 5 at 9:00 PM ET.  No mention of which game from the previous week this will be.  If it's HD, it must be CBS or the Monday night game.  I hope they don't mislead the masses by passing off Fox Widescreen as HD.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/game_of_week

When you click on the link, there's a pop-up window to see if NFL NETWORK will be available through your cable or satellite provider.  Follow the instructions provided.

John

Matt Heebner

Is this free (or I should say included with the HD package) or is it a pay channel ?
If free I can't wait ! Any football in HD is one of my main motivations for getting HD to begin with!

:rock:

Matt

gb4fan92

No for Time Warner Cable!!:bang: :bang: :bang:

The Law

**** time warner.  I'm tired of seeing all the goodies go elsewhere.

and.

I apologise for swearing.

oh...but a "big" event on the 25th....ooooooh....can't waaaait.  I'm sure it's going to be greeeaat.  What's this - on another post channel 1 - local news!  wow - never seen *that* before (in fact, I stay away from it anyhow).

sheesh.:guns: :eek:

veyj

Matt,

From the FAQ of the link I provided above.

2. How can I get NFL Network?

2. Call your local cable or satellite operator! Currently NFL Network is available to all subscribers of DIRECTV's basic package, but if you aren't a DIRECTV subscriber, we are still able to send you our signal. The cable or satellite operator you subscribe to just needs to flip the switch.

10. How much will it cost me to get NFL Network?

10. It will cost you nothing directly as long as you have cable or satellite service and the appropriate hardware. We will derive our income from advertising and fees that cable operators pay us to carry our channel.

John