• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NFL channel

Started by tbarney, Sunday Nov 16, 2003, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarney

Anyone know if TW has plans to carry the NFL channel?  I thought it was just for NFL ticket people (which I think is exclusive to DTV), but the commercial says to contact your cable company....

If they do, it'll probably be after the NFL season is over, which will probably be the same with espnhd, it'll be after the season is over.

Mrtanner

Don't get pissed at TWC over them not having ESPN-HD.  Since most of the season is gone, I'm willing to go without the rest of the year rather than set the precedent that we have to pay extra to get the same programming on HD.

ESPN wants to charge more.  HBO, Discovery, etc don't charge TWC anything extra for HD.

If you want to get angry, direct it towards the mouse.

sdn10s

QuoteOriginally posted by tbarney
Anyone know if TW has plans to carry the NFL channel?  I thought it was just for NFL ticket people (which I think is exclusive to DTV), but the commercial says to contact your cable company....

I don't think it has anything to do with NFL Sunday Ticket, because I don't subscribe to that, but I still get the NFL Channel. If I'm not mistaken, the initial launch took place on November 4th on DirecTV. But considering it's a joint venture between the league and NFL films, I would think it's a safe bet that it will eventually be available on cable as well. From what I've seen on it so far, it's already become one of my favorite channels.

Tom Snyder

It's like the typical "NFL Films" fare.

Highlights with added-drama, narrated by Steve Sabol's gritty voice.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

sdn10s

And it's edited down to fit in an hour slot.

Scott Zsori

How cool would it be for them to actually play entire games.  I know ESPN Classic does, but what I'd like is for them to pick a season of football and play every game from that season during the football offseason.  I would love to be able to watch Favre's first season again or be able to understand what all those Pack fans went through in the 70's and 80's (I started watching during the 88 or 89 season).  It'd give a fresh perspective on the league and let more people learn its history.

Tom Snyder

Quoteunderstand what all those Pack fans went through in the 70's and 80's

Speaking as one of them (I became a Packer fan in 1967 when I was 13), I can tell you, it was painful enough going through it the first time.

I wouldn't recomend it. :eek:
Tom Snyder

Talos4

Scott hunter, Dan Devine, David Whitehurst, Jerry Tagge, JOHN HADL!!??

NO, NO, NO!!!!:drink:

Tom Snyder

Tony Mandarich, Lindy Infante, Rich Campbell, Mossy Cade... :guns:
Tom Snyder

Todd Wiedemann

Anthony Dilweg, Chuck Fusina, Brent Fullwood ...

jlegge

Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy and Doc?

Tom Snyder

Grumpy?  

Oh yeah.. I forgot all about Forrest Gregg!
Tom Snyder

Talos4

Beat me to it. They ALL played for him,  Charles Martin anyone?:bang:

sdn10s

Chuck Cecil, Chester Marcol, and Randy (deer caught in the headlights) Wright.