News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

1000th Post!

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Oct 08, 2003, 10:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

I'll never catch up to Gregg L., but I wanted to use the occasion of my 1000th post to thank everyone for making this little adventure so much fun.

From the original guys at the first organizational meeting (and especially Todd for taking the bull by the horns to get the group off the ground)...

...to the core group of moderators who work so hard to keep it all good.

From the newbies whose first posts remind us all of the joy (and the frustrations) we had when we first discovered HDTV...

...to the oldtimers who always make the newbies feel welcome.

From our friends in high places (Jim Hall at CBS 58, Sean O'Flaherty at TMJ4, Karen Copper at MPTV and our anonymous sources inside Fox and WISN) who provide us with the inside scoop (even when it's bad news)...

...to the most obvious "non-friend" in a high place: Tim Cuprisin. Even though we've not even come close to seeing eye-to-eye many times, he has still helped to increase visibility of HDTV in general, and to our effort here specifically. Nothing like a little constructive and subjective antagonism to keep us both honest... right Tim? ;)

From our members who sell and service HDTV equipment for the the tremendous educational and instructive value they add to our forums...

...to the guys who just lurk here, posting infrequently, if ever, for just giving us a reason to do this.

And especially the mysterious person at ip102.foxsix.com who comes here just about every day, but, to our knowledge, has never identified himself or posted.

Thanks to each and everyone of you for getting us to where we are today!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Gregg Lengling

Just for that comment I not only uploaded a number of news posts but I had to answer here to run mine up to 1768!

:rock: :drink: :guns: :guitar:

Guns...drugs...and Rock and Roll!
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Kevin Arnold

Nice going Tom.  And about Tim C - I wonder if he's ill.  No column for the last several days and the blurb in the Sentinel Journal just says "Tim Cuprisin will return". They don't seem to know when. Maybe he OD'ed on HD programming and is undergoing downres therapy.:drink:
Kevin Arnold

Snard

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder
I'll never catch up to Gregg L., but I wanted to use the occasion of my 1000th post to thank everyone for making this little adventure so much fun.  

I don't care much about the number 1000, but I will be happy to celebrate with you when you reach post # 1080 :)
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

Tom Snyder

QuoteI wonder if he's ill. No column for the last several days

Could be...there's a virus going around... half my office is sick.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Matt Heebner

And to think this all started when a bunch of us were looking for local information on HDTV on AVSForum.
ANd to quote " What a long strange trip it's been.....";)

Matt