• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Thomson Previews New RCA DirecTV HDTV Receiver

Started by Gregg Lengling, Thursday Oct 02, 2003, 11:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453) (NYSE: TMS) demonstrated a new RCA HDTV receiver, model DTC210, that will deliver HDTV from DirecTV® as well as over-the-air ATSC (digital) and NTSC (analog) broadcasts.

"The HDTV transition continues to pick up momentum reflected by the strong sales of HDTV sets and monitors that are being spurred on by the expanded HDTV offerings now available on both DirecTV and broadcast television," commented Doug Lankford, General Manager, Direct Broadcast Satellite Americas. "The new RCA DTC 210 offers consumers the ideal combination of features and connectivity for the utmost in high-definition enjoyment. The multi-format receiver delivers a stunning high-definition picture from both DirecTV and over-the-air broadcasts, includes both conventional and secure digital connections, and offers many of the features that DirecTV customers are accustomed to such as advanced program guide and one-button record."

The DTC210 offers convenience features including the DirecTV Advanced Program Guide with seven-day listings of both terrestrial and DirecTV satellite programming, and a new high-speed guide surfing function. A video window in the guide will enable viewers to continue watching a program while surfing through the listings, or consumers may choose to utilize the Quick Guide which will allow them to scan to see what is on while still viewing a program in full-screen.

The DTC210 incorporates a DVI output with HDCP. It will also offer multiple output formats for display of all digital TV formats--1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i, and can match its output to any digital TV monitor's native resolution. Additionally, the DTC210 will simultaneously output 480i.

The new satellite receiver will feature both coaxial and optical Dolby® Digital audio outputs and RGBHV (15-pin D-sub) and component video outputs.

The DTC210 will be available in early 2004.

Thomson is also showcasing two RCA DirecTV digital video recorders with TiVo® service. The RCA DVR40 features a 40 GB hard disk drive for recording and storing up to 35 hours of DirecTV programming, while the RCA DVR120 has a 120 GB hard drive and will store up to 100 hours of programming.

With the dual tuners, viewers can record two shows simultaneously or watch one show while recording another.

Key features include pausing live TV for up to 30 minutes, as well as rewind, instant replay, and slow motion of live TV or a recorded program. Viewers can create a Season Pass™ to automatically record every episode of favorite shows and can use the Wish List™ feature to instruct the DVR to find and record shows with favorite actors, directors, sports teams, or interests.

The RCA DVR40 has a suggested retail price of $299. The RCA DVR120 has a suggested retail price of $449. The DirecTV with TiVo service monthly subscription fee is currently $4.95 and will be free for customers who subscribe to the DirecTV TOTAL CHOICE™ Premier programming package.

For more information about Thomson, visit //www.thomson.net. For more information about RCA, visit //www.rca.com.
(Wish this would've already been out my SAT-HD200 doesn't send the 480i all the time and that would be nice)
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}