• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

CD Burning Question

Started by davezen2, Wednesday Sep 10, 2003, 09:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davezen2

I bought a new HP Media Center PC a few months back and whenever I burn CDs with it, I get a weird result.

If I try to play the burned disc right away, no matter which one of my 3 CD players I put the disc in, it skips.  If I leave these skipping discs in the CD changer in my car for a week and then try to play them again, they play fine.  This has happened with every single CD I've burned with this so far (about 6 of them).

Any ideas as to why this happens???

Neilium

It could be a few things. Make sure the Brand of cd's you are using meet the speed of the cd player. If you have a 20X player and have cdr's that are only 8X you might have this problem. I have also found if you knock the Burning speed down a few its better to burn audio cd's that way. I have a 12X burner and i turn it down to 8X to burn audio cd's. Also you might want to try other cd players. some have problems with cdr's. I know the one in my 1992 Dodge Shadow cound not play some brands of cdr's.

hope this helps you out

neil

sdn10s

I burn on an iMac and have found that the brand of C.D. can also make a huge difference. I've tried Memorex and Imation and have thrown away more than I've kept because of errors during the burning process. Verbatim's DataLifePlus on the other hand have performed flawlessly. Haven't had one yet that's become a coaster. You pay more for them, but it the long run, you more than make up for it in time and aggravation saved.

davezen2

Thanks for the tips. I'll slow down the burn speed and try another one later tonight.

I know it's not because of the brand of CD-R or the CD player in my car, because I'm still using up the same spindle of CDs that I used with my old computer and never had a problem. (playing them in my car or anywhere else)

I guess the biggest thing that's stumping me is why they skip right away, and then a week later the same CD plays flawlessly.