News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Timing

Started by StarvingForHDTV, Tuesday Sep 09, 2003, 01:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarvingForHDTV

There is a little gray box with a yellow check mark in it when you visit the forum and there are new messages you haven't seen.  If you click on that it takes you to the first new message in the thread.  Is there a way to adjust the timing on this feature?  These little yellow arrow things go away before I'm done looking through the sections of the forum.

I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Starving

Tom Snyder

Do you mean that once you click on one, they all go away? They shouldn't do that. Make sure you have cookies enabled so it continues to recognize you for the entire session...

Also, you may want to enter the forums via:

http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=getnew

(Or go to the forums home page and click on the link there to show only posts since your last visit)

That way, your first screen will be just the forums with new posts since your last visit. The grey boxes with yellow arrows should remain intact until you've viewed them all.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

I think what's being referred to here is this, from the admin page:

QuoteTimeout for Cookie
This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before the unread posts are reset to read.

Right now it's set to 360, or three minutes.

Anyone else want to chime in on this ??

Gregg Lengling

I don't think it needs to be changed...he should just use the unread post feature...then click on last posted and when done use the back arrow on his browser to click on the next one.

That's what I do....

3 minutes of course isn't long...unless you're me and check the site at times every 2 minutes for an hour...but hey I don't have a job.

:p
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

StarvingForHDTV

I think what's being referred to here is this, from the admin page:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Timeout for Cookie
This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before the unread posts are reset to read.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now it's set to 360, or three minutes.

Anyone else want to chime in on this ??

Yes Todd this is exactly what I referring to.  Example I log on to the forum to see if there are new posts.  The phone rings and I talk for a while.  I look for the new posts (new to me) and they are no longer marked with the little yellow arrow.  Very annoying.

I was not aware there is a way to just see unread posts.  How does that work?  Just follow that search link?

Thanks for your help.

Starving

StarvingForHDTV

I guess it's the link staring right at me at the top of the forum:

Welcome back, StarvingForHDTV
View New Posts
The time now is 04:12 PM.
You last visited: 09-09-2003 01:35 PM.  

"View New Posts" is the key.  Man I wish I would have noticed that link a long time ago.  That would have saved me countless mouse clicks.

Starving

Todd Wiedemann

Glad to help !!

We're all about service here !! :D