• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

DirecTV Has NFL Games in FOX WIDESCREEN

Started by Gregg Lengling, Wednesday Aug 27, 2003, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

DirecTV said it will deliver FOX Sports' primary NFL games in the FOX WIDESCREEN format to subscribers of its NFL Sunday Ticket package throughout the 17-week regular season.

FOX WIDESCREEN enables viewers to enjoy a NFL broadcast with a picture that's one-third wider and four times sharper than traditional analog TV. DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket customers will be able to view two NFL games in the format every Sunday of the regular season, the companies said.

To access FOX WIDESCREEN games, NFL Sunday Ticket customers can purchase a DirecTV-enabled high-definition set-top receiver and a single or multi-satellite dish with three LNBs. DirecTV-enabled HD receivers and triple-LNB satellite dishes are available from authorized retailers, such as Circuit City and Best Buy.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Tom Snyder

I had called them to ask the obvious question, and was told by a DirecTV CSR that if the Widescreen game on a given week happens to be a Packer game, it will be blacked out here on Sunday Ticket because "we can get the game over our local affiliate."

So if you're one of the thousands of Packers fans who can't get Fox6's digital signal OTA, DirecTV says that Sunday Ticket won't be your solution.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

borghe

that doesn't make any sense. packer games weren't blacked out in the past IIRC (on ST that is). National blackout rules only apply if the game for a particular DMA isn't sold out.. I would be lead to believe that the CSR didn't know what they were talking about.

Tom Snyder

Quotethe CSR didn't know what they were talking about.

Could that be? :eek:
Tom Snyder

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
FOX WIDESCREEN enables viewers to enjoy a NFL broadcast with a picture that's one-third wider and four times sharper than traditional analog TV.

Is it really considered four times sharper than traditional analog TV?  I wonder how they figure that.  It certainly doesn't appear that much sharper to me.

Starving

mcq

480 P
Double Wide x Double High = 4 times the "sharpness" ??

Gregg Lengling

I think the Faux thinking a year ago was when you add the sides in you get so much more...yeah right....we'd get a lot more here if they had a real transmitter, antenna and signal.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Kevin Arnold

QuoteSo if you're one of the thousands of Packers fans who can't get Fox6's digital signal OTA, DirecTV says that Sunday Ticket won't be your solution.

The answer to this still is, unfortunately, that Fox 6 finishes the tower work and mounts the antenna so that we OTA's can finally receive their signal. I know they visit these forums so why oh why can't you find someone, anyone, at Fox 6 to post a short piece listing when you might be done. We promise not to attack the station with pitch forks and torches if you miss the deadline. This gets so upsetting that when I fill out that Nielsen diary I will have a mental block on writing 6..........:bang:
Kevin Arnold

Tom Snyder

Does ANYONE have ANY news on when the new location will be live?

Earl????

Chuck????

Foxeng????
Tom Snyder

Gregg Lengling

Maybe when someone other than "Starving" can receive it???
:bang:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

StarvingForHDTV

QuoteOriginally posted by mcq
480 P
Double Wide x Double High = 4 times the "sharpness" ??

LOL that sounds like Faux math.  They are both 480 horizontal lines right?

I think there is one other person who gets their OTA signal.  Not that 2 people getting reception really qualifies as having a station broadcasting to a metropolitan area.

Starving