• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TV 41 Modifies Slightly.....

Started by rockmanac, Monday Sep 29, 2003, 11:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockmanac

With their upgrade to a "Class A" station, they have modified their call sign from WMLW-LP to WMLW-CA.

AC

John L

Does that also mean a possible power increase?

I just got set up in watching WMLW a few weeks ago. I was hoping to watch "I Love Lucy" and "Green Acres" between 4-4:30pm...now they've taken them off for some boring modernistic immoral programming!

-John L.

Kevin Arnold

I was flipping thru the channels last Sat. night around 10:30 when I came upon 41 - they were running The Three Stooges.  What I found amazing was the length of the commercial breaks during programming.  I timed one at 7 min.  Damn programming kept interrupting the commercials.
Kevin Arnold

Snard

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin Arnold
I was flipping thru the channels last Sat. night around 10:30 when I came upon 41 - they were running The Three Stooges.  What I found amazing was the length of the commercial breaks during programming.  I timed one at 7 min.  Damn programming kept interrupting the commercials.
Well, in partial defense of their programming, I would like to point out that they show the Stooges shorts uninterrupted and unedited (not even a corner bug). I have seen some programs that actually inserted a commercial in the middle of a 17 minute Stooge short or other similar length cartoon (When Spike TV shows the old Ren & Stimpy cartoons, they usually insert commercials in the middle of them; the same cartoons were originally shown on Nickelodeon uninterrupted).
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

Snard

I just realized one more thing about last Saturday's broadcast that I should point out. (I'm a Stooges fan, btw, so I watch that show every week.) This 2 hours show is normally on from 7pm to 9pm on Saturday nights, but they've moved it to 10pm-midnight lately because they are showing local high school football games from 7-9, and some crappy WWF show from 9-10 (okay, let the bricks fly). Anyway, the football game must have run over last Saturday (I wasn't watching), because the WWF show ended about 15 minutes late. However, they apparently decided to cut the Stooge-a-Palooza show short to recoup the lost time, because they only showed 4 shorts instead of the advertized 5. I'm guessing they were probably obligated to show all of the ads that were previously booked, so that might explain the longer spiels you noticed.

And now you know the rest of... the story. Good day!
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!