• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

My wife the critic.

Started by Gregg Lengling, Saturday Jun 28, 2003, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

Well here it is a couple years of having the HD set and more and more HD programming...we just happened to be watching the original Terminator on TNT and all she had to say....is boy this old NTSC programming really sucks...isn't there something on an HD channel with real color.

Now that's what I call a good wife.
:cool:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Tom Snyder

But y'know it's not REAL progress until she grabs the remote and starts finding the HD stuff without your help! :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Gregg Lengling

We fight over the remote all the time...of course she can't figure out how to use it on the first try....actually I just responded so I could click the counter up to 1500 posts......a new record.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Tom Snyder

My wife is pretty pumped about the new Philips Pronto remote we got a few weeks ago. Still programming it, but with the macros and design-it-yourself icons, it makes it pretty sweet... she's happy cuz can turn on the TV now when I'm not home. Single On button turns on everything, wanna watch Fox News Channel, click the icon, wanna listen to the Satellite Music Channels, click on the format title., etc. :)

If anyone else has this remote and needs the BMPS to add the local icons, let me know and I'll upload them.
Tom Snyder

Gregg Lengling

What did it set you back and where did you get it?
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Todd Wiedemann

Copy cat !! ;)

Could you send me your graphics ?? Mine is all programmed and macroed, etc. but I haven't 'localized' it.

Gregg, I'll tell you where I got mine, privately ... I leveraged my corporate buying power :D

Todd Wiedemann

Couldn't let you be the only one showing off, Tom !! :D

Todd Wiedemann

Actually, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see your whole ccf !!

Tom Snyder

I've sent all the stuff up to http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/pronto

The ccf is still a work in progress.. I still need a few more discreet codes for it to do everything I need it to, but Summertime here is only about 1 week long, so I gotta keep my priorities straight! ;)

I almost got a refurb at refurbdepot.com for $177. But I found an open box one at computers4sure.com for $152.  Unfortaunately it was missing the rs232 cable, and they couldn't/wouldn't give me one. Rather than go through the hassle of returning it, I ordered the cable from Philips for $11, and still came out ahead.

Had to get the cradle at refurbdepot.com
Tom Snyder

Todd Wiedemann

Cool. Thanks. I'll grab 'em and try them out !

I'd love to give you my allergies ... keeps me inside !! ;)

jlegge

Oooh..... alleriges. I'm gonna use that one.  ;)