• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox Sports Net Goes HD!

Started by gb4fan92, Monday Jun 09, 2003, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

Excerpted from Broadcasting & Cable, by Allison Romano

Fox Sports Net is jumping into high-definition production with some of its local and regional sports coverage.

Time Warner Cable will offer FSN games from Fox's 13 owned-and-operated regional sports networks as part of the MSO's latest free HDTV offerings.

FSN will concentrate its efforts in markets it shares with Time Warner, including Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Orlando, Fla.; Houston; and North Carolina.

FSN will produce the games locally in high definition, and they will be available at no additional charge to subscribers.

wisconsin00

Fox Sports goes HD

By Allison Romano
Broadcasting & Cable (full article)
6/10/2003

Fox Sports Net is jumping into high-definition production with some of its local and regional sports coverage.

Time Warner Cable will offer FSN games from Fox's 13 owned-and-operated regional sports networks as part of the MSO's latest free HDTV offerings.

Along with Fox, Time Warner will carry Discovery HD Theater and In Demand's two upcoming HD channels.

Time Warner will charge extra for In Demand, although it hasn't set pricing yet, since the service involves new channels.

Since Fox and Discovery are part of existing services, those services will be offered free-of-charge.

Time Warner already offers free HD programming from Showtime, Home Box Office and the seven broadcast networks.

Fox Sports Net will concentrate its efforts in markets it shares with Time Warner, including Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Orlando, Fla.; Houston; and North Carolina.

Fox will produce the games locally in high definition.

Time Warner will likely offer the games on the In Demand channels, pre-empting In Demand programming.

FSN in HD should arrive in the fourth quarter, in time for the start of the National Basketball Association and National Hockey League seasons.

Discovery HD will be available later this summer, and the In Demand channels debut in September.

gparris

Quote:
Time Warner already offers free HD programming from Showtime, Home Box Office and the seven broadcast networks.
:D  
Question : SEVEN broadcast networks?  Maybe you meant the 4 HDTV network channels and FOX 6's EDTV on Channel 506?
Then that means you have 5, not 7-unless you mean the 7 total WITH HBO and Showtime...;)

IF you are getting WB and UPN in digital from TWC (making it 7 broadcast networks), let me know so I can call and ask why Kenosha is missing the other two.:bang:

It would be great if TWC was getting HDNET and ESPN-HD instead of the FOX channels.:mad: I would much rather pay for a HD "package" than be milked by an INDEMAND (read:PPV) HD setup.

Now--- that---would be competitive against the satellite companies!
I guess TWC just doesn't quite "get it" yet.:)

Gregg Lengling

Quote:
:

Gee Free you mean I can call TWC and get all this for free without paying monthly cable bill or rental on the HD box?????/

Don't think so.....Free is such a bad word for them to use.....the only Free HD I get is NBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS....the rest I pay for...but then again except for PBS I pay for them all with the 15 minutes worth of advertising garbage I have to watch during each hour.
:confused:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}