• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Moving an RPTV

Started by mr_yeti, Tuesday May 06, 2003, 11:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_yeti

So, I'm moving in a little less than a month, and I was thinking about any practical considerations i might need to take into account when moving my 47" Panasonic RPTV. Anyone have any horror stories/things to avoid/ways to stop it rolling around on those little wheels built into the bottom? Also, another thing I may have to deal with is moving into the second (or higher) floor of an apartment building, which may not have an elevator (ugh.).  I haven't picked a place yet, so I can still scope things out as far as that goes. Has anyone had any fun experiences moving such an object up one or more flights of stairs?

Tom Snyder

When we moved, I hired movers so if they wrecked it, they'd be the ones to pay for a new one.  :)  

All I've heard is that you need to be very careful to keep it as level and upright as you can... I guess the mirrors can pop out otheriwse.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

RickNeff

Yeah, I've had professional movers who had to take the TV up stairs, except mine was a 57" Tosh.  You really should scope out the place and take measurements, especially around any corners you're going to face.

Professional movers who specilize in moving large object like pianos and the like are the ones you should look for.  Obviously, you'll have to pay extra for moving such a heavy and bulky object, but it is worth it, IMHO.