• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI Antenna Move

Started by Kevin Arnold, Monday Apr 14, 2003, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Arnold

The weather's nice, supposed to be 80 today.  What say we volunteer to haul the WITI DT antenna from the station and mount it on the tower?  They said they were waiting for better weather and this is it.  Bring tools, any spare cable you have, and climbing boots.  Meet in Estabrook park at 11:00.  :wave:
Kevin Arnold

Tom Snyder

That's a prospect that I'm sure would make their insurance carrier happy!
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Gregg Lengling

I hate to burst your bubbles...but there are a number of things in your way.  Nowadays you need to have 100% tie-off with a body harness...(I'm sure you guys don't) or OSHA will get you.  In addition this is actually a bad day for tower work.  Tower crews will not work when the anticipated ground winds are at 20mph or more...remember you get up a couple hundred feet and the wind is much greater.  I would imagine today the winds at the 1000' level are over 50 mph.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteNowadays you need to have 100% tie-off with a body harness...(I'm sure you guys don't) ...
Don't be so sure :D

From where I'm sitting right now I could have 100% tie-off with a body harness in about three minutes. But you're right, I wouldn't want to brave the winds. :eek:

Gregg Lengling

I meant regular people...nut nerdnuts like you Todd....with you I take exception.......:wave:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Gregg Lengling

Speaking of that I just notice that you are the only Administrator on this board that's afraid to put his real Avatar up......you want I should go to the Post Office and grab a copy off the wall????;)
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Talos4

Where were you guy's?  I had my "safety in a can" in the trunk and was already to go after finishing my Culvers that is.

50+ mph at 1000' feet yep that's about right.

In my line of work, I don't have much choice but to go up.

Todd Wiedemann

Quoteyou are the only Administrator on this board that's afraid to put his real Avatar up......
Unlike all you handsome gents I have as co-admins, I don't want to put my mug up here for fear of chasing all the nice folks away ... :cool:

Greg Oman

I'm with you Todd, least my avatar is 'good for reception' hehehe!

Gregg Lengling

No Greg your problem is if you have your wife take your picture she probably needs a step ladder or she cuts your head off!:bang:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI