• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What do I do?

Started by sp44again, Tuesday Mar 25, 2003, 11:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp44again

I sold a standalone Tivo (Sony) on Ebay last week. The guy emails me yesterday saying the power supply is missing in the Tivo! I told him it was in it when I shipped it so contact UPS cause it was insured. The guy after calling me a fraud and thief said he wants his money back. Yeah ok. This guy is either a liar or UPS actually did tamper with it. I'm thinking it's him. So he said he contacted Ebay and Paypal to get his money back. Can he do anything? The guy has perfect feedback on Ebay too. :bang:

Gregg Lengling

Well I hope you recorded the serial number and took pictures of the unit (you should have if you sold it on E-Bay).  You should be able to present a pretty good case to PayPal and E-bay with that information.  Also I hope you insured it with UPS for the full sale value in case you lose.  But if he destroyed the packaging UPS will never cover it, unfortunately sometimes you can do everything right and still get screwed.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

sp44again

Get this, I told the guy to open the thing up and sure enough the power supply connector was dislodged. He totally apologized and everything is fine. I'm never using UPS again. I think they throw all the boxes they get.

oz

My friend works for F**Ex. She said they LOVE tossing boxes as far as they can, especially tall and heavy computer boxes.

John L

I sell stuff on eBay too.  If someone isn't happy I will be happy to refund their money PROVIDING that they ship the item back in the same condition, plus I will also pay for their shipping it back to me.

-John L.