• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Being hosed?

Started by mr_yeti, Wednesday Feb 26, 2003, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gparris

QuoteThere's an awful lot of TWC bashing going on as of late. Just thought I'd let fellow TW folks out there know that I, for one, have an enjoyable experience with TWC. Customer service is fantastic. Upgrading to the 3100 box was a breeze. I just had an issue with tiling and blocking on one channel. A quick call to Customer Service (on hold for less than 2 minutes) produced a truck in my driveway within 48 hours. The crew was curteous and knowledgeable (replaced a couple of splitters, removed a splitter and ran a home run, made me longer patch cable - all for no charge). The Customer Service advocate even automatically gave me "package" pricing after noting my account fell into one of the packages that was not under a pricing tier when I purchased it.

The overall quality of the service is very good and I rarely have trouble with Road Runner (in fact, I cannot remember the last time service was interrupted). I am patient enough to wait for the local HD service from each local station to reach my set and am fully enjoying NBC, CBS, ABC and the PBS "Loop" and am looking forward to FOX (granted, not "true" HD, but will be good nonethess). The video in demand feature works well (a couple glitches here and there) - though I look forward to the day when they are broadcast widescreen.

There.

I said it. Without bashing other mediums.

My .02

You have my .02 also- I hated my previous experiences with TWC and NOW I  hope my luck with them does not run out. When I got Road Runner years back when it first started, it was fine, the customer service was excellent and still is.  
As for my side by side comparison to Directv to and TWC digital for HBO and Showtime, there is no difference except the Directv box will keep the 16:9 aspect ratio displayed no matter what and the TWC 3100 box will not: quality is the same, but you get the HD locals and more HBO and Showtime channels in SD and all of them come in some form of Dolby Digital and Directv offers what it wants - fewer channels and less DD. Running a separate S-Video cable input from your cable box to your TV and leaving the sound input on to HD gives you the best of both worlds on non-HD channels. The box was picked up at a local TWC office and was plug and play...at least for now. I feel I am covered with both for now - whoever gets a new HD channel, I will get it. But I will not go to Dish since Directv has locals like 18 and 24 and the TIVO operating system for SD recording. If TWC gets the 8000HD box, HDnet and Discovery HD, Directv might be history if the lower-than 100's channels in the TWC realm are replicated to Directv's digital clarity.
These are my opinions and those of my friends and neighbors that have and seen the same, but this has been sort of a successful experiment in choice and options and its been great!