• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

SBC going after Directv

Started by Gregg Lengling, Saturday Feb 08, 2003, 06:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

This mornings Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel had an article about SBC is going to try to make a bid for Directv......don't know yet if this is good or bad...but I would think it's better than letting Murdoch have it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

gparris

YES YES!! You absolutely right-let Murdoch have it-SBC is worse. If it cannot get a phone company right, what "business" does it have in satellite TV ??
Never thought it could get worse with cash-strapped GM asking for billions...where is SBC gonna get the money from? It cannot even get DSL right. I have friends and relatives that gave up on SBC (anything) after months of fighting with them-imagine getting Sat TV service from SBC? Never!

mcq

Myself and  several of my business customers use Ameritech DSL... No complaints...........

Gregg Lengling

I have to agree with MCQ as I have Ameritech DSL service here and love it...it actually worked 3 days before it was supposed and hasn't stopped since.....

My question will be who will provide HD services better if they take over Directv.....SBC or Murdoch...my bet is SBC.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Steve_Miller

SBC is awful! I had DSL through them until this summer, when they accidentally sent a disconnect order for my DSL. After 5 separate phone calls, arguing with the Tech Support people, having them tell me it was my computers, and not their fault, someone finally noticed in their customer database that I had been disconnected.  It would be 5 to 6 weeks before they could reconnect me!

I love my DirecTV, but God help me if a company with customer service like SBC buys it!

Gregg Lengling

Okay we can go on forever, bad cases good cases on and on....I'm am now closing this topic...as this doesn't help...the news is that SBC is pursuing Directv.....nuf said.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI