News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo Owners

Started by akitakoi, Wednesday Jan 15, 2003, 03:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akitakoi

Found on the web!
The pattern consists of pressing the following buttons in sequence: Select, Play, Select, 3, 0, Select. Entering the same pattern again also deactivates the capability. The recorder "bings" three times to acknowledge the activation of the feature. Pressing the advance key on the remote control skips 30 seconds of recorded television programming.

borghe

you must first enable backdoors for this to work. forgot what the backdoor code is for v3.1.. it can all be found at the most useful Tivo site in the world: //www.tivocommunity.com

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by borghe
you must first enable backdoors for this to work.

Actually, that's not the case. This works without enabling backdoors.

And, If I recall correctly, Tivo has not 'leaked' the code for getting into backdoor mode in the newest software version(s).
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Greg Oman

Not being a Tivo owner, I presume the dialog here is to get into some additional configuration or service type menus (along the lines of me buying the service manual for my Mits to fix the red push)-- not hack talk.

Carry on....

Steve Mann

Yup, that's pretty much exactly it, Greg. It's just like service menus etc. TiVo even allowed/supported the 'backdoor' mode until their most recent software release.

And as mentioned, the 30 second skip feature referred to above doesn't even require backdoor mode to be active for it to function.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

borghe

I stand corrected then.. :) I haven't messed with this stuff in a while. I know it used to require backdoors as of 2.5.2. Wonder why they now allow it without??

ReesR

Im scratching my head on a few things.

I have a Sony SVR-2000 Tivo which gets used all the time.  I have version 3.0 of the software.

When I looked at the "Almost complete Codes List" at the TiVo Community forum I suddenly got stumped at the first item I tried to activate.

Enabling Backdoor mode on 3.0 systems should be done by entering the following:

"3 0 BC" and press Thumbs up."

Ok, but what the heck is BC?  And is the "space" between the 3 and 0 significant?

Nothing I do makes this happen.

What am I missing?  I appreciate any help.

Rees

borghe

you enter that in on any search screen. so go search for a title and enter that code in (case sensitive including spaces) and I believe press enter (or thumbs up) and you will hear three dings or something if it's done right. oh, it will also say backdoors enabled.

ReesR

This was so simple it was hard.  I didn't at first understand the instructions but now do.  Boy, the jump 30 seconds feature is neat.

Thanks a whole bunch for the info.