News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Posts dissapearing

Started by kjnorman, Thursday Jan 09, 2003, 12:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjnorman

Why do some of my posts dissapear?

I posted 2 last night with CES HDTV news in the news forum and neither showed up.

I also posted a rely in the PVR thred and that disappeared as well.

Tom Snyder

The news forum was orignally set up to give Gregg Lengling a dedicated place to post noteworthy news artilces.  On the old board, he was the only one (besides the other Admins) who had posting rights on that forum. The new board doesn't have that capability yet, so we instead set it up so that any posts that go there get reveied by Gregg first, and then he decides if they should be posted.  He's in Jamaica for a few days, so your post is probably sitting in his mailbox waiting for him to get back.

In the meantime, go ahead and post your news in the on topic/offtopic forum.  

Not sure what happened to the PVR post...  try it again and let me know if it slips into a black hole.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

kjnorman

Second time I tried it work.

Perhaps it will not let me post two replies on the same thread within a couple of minutes of each other?

Todd Wiedemann

There are 'flooding' controls in place. Perhaps that's what happened.

I'd bet these were left as defaults when the new forum software was installed.

I'll go check and report back.

UPDATE: You must have posted them really quick, Kerry ... the flood check is 30 seconds between posts. :D