Turns out the node is about 1200 ft. from my living room. Called TWC and ATT last night, took an hour to go over all the options and costs, and signed up for U-Verse. Scheduled the install for Dec. 29th (lots of travel in the coming weeks).
Here's the deal:
I currently have TWC w/ one DVR, and HBO. No other frills. Cost: $110 / mo. (just renegotiated a $15 decrease last mo. I also have ATT phone: $60 / mo., and ATT DSL w/ 3 MBPS DL speed: $35 / mo. TOTAL: $205 / mo.
Switching to the U450 plan with ATT will bring my monthly bill for all three services down to $157 / mo. for months 1-6, $171 for months 7-12, and $215 / mo. if I make no decision to call or change anything in year 2.
IMPROVEMENTS IN SERVICE INCLUDE:
1. HDD space on DVR is tripled
2. 1.5 times the amount of HD stations
3. 12 MBPS DL speed for internet
4. All subscription movie channels included.
5. Whole house DVR on four different T.V.'s
6. Can record 4 different programs all in HD all at the same time.
7. Extra features like caller ID on the TV
I will try this for a year, and if they won't come down from the $215 / mo. in the second year, I'll either go down to the U200 service, or go back to TWC.
We shall see.